Switch was like a second home to Vaporum (our first game), so it should be no surprise that the first console release of our next game, Vaporum: Lockdown, is landing on the Nintendo Switch. We learned a lot bringing the first Vaporum game onto the console, and this time, we decided to port the game ourselves. For a small team like ours, releasing the game on the console has been quite the experience. We hope you will enjoy the game!
Lockdown improves on almost everything that made Vaporum good, plus a host of new features and quality of life upgrades.
Just to name a few:
- New storyline following a female protagonist, Ellie Teller.
- Brand new levels.
- New enemy types with unconventional attack patterns that will challenge your wits & reflexes.
- New weapon & armor types for even more build options.
- Lots of synergies to find. We created many new unique weapons & armor pieces and a few new circuits, all with synergy-building in mind.
- A host of new puzzles and a special optional level with extra-tough puzzles to challenge your brainpower.
- More voice-overs and a deeper look into the lore and story of the world of Vaporum.
- Much streamlined controls (including much improved controller support).
Even though the game takes place in the same tower, the storyline is completely new. Follow a new protagonist and find out what happened before the events in Vaporum. Ellie Teller, a teleporter scientist, must face her own past and find a way to escape the place.